Caring. About Food.
A Playing With Food and Mom & Me companion journal
with tips, recipes and musings
about how I tempt my Ancient One's palate.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
 
Thanksgiving dinner, this year...
...will be less than traditional, thanks to my mother's and my nonchalance over turkey and my decision to remain "Home for the Holidays" (good movie, by the way). Here's the menu:    Considering the size of the roast (it's the smallest one I could find of it's quality), I'm expecting roasting time to be between three to four hours. Pot roast "works" best when you turn it frequently, as well; every 30 minutes or so. Prep time will probably take about an hour. Since I won't be using the oven, I'll slip the cherry pie in there about halfway through dinner so it will have time to bake and cool to an acceptable, ice-cream-half-melt temperature.
    My mother is very excited by the menu and even more excited about how fragrant our house will smell while the pot roast is sauerly simmering away. My guess is that we'll probably eat only two meals tomorrow, since dessert will probably be preferentially served an hour or two after dinner, so I'll make sure that breakfast is hardy.
    I might take stats in the morning...then again, I might forget about stats for the day. At any rate, if this meal doesn't raise her HA1c a little, I can't imagine what would!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger